Horse Ownership Classes
Go beyond riding and learn about the behind the scenes care that goes into our equine friends' lives.
These classes are perfect for horse lovers to learn skills that are essential before buying your own horse. Horsemanship classes are also ideal for riders and lesson students who would like to extend their knowledge about horses and spend more time at the barn.
Classes are typically an hour and a half to two hours long.
What you will learn:
- Horseback riding basics
- How to halter a horse
- How to clean a horses' hooves
- Saddling a horse
- Bridling a horse
- How to braid a mane/tail
- How to clip a horse
- Groundwork/ Leading a horse
- How to clean horse tack
- Mucking a stall + bedding + clean water
- Common horse illnesses and injuries
- Treatment for common illnesses and injuries
- How to give a horse wormer or similar medication (Practice with applesauce)
- Bathing a horse (In warmer weather) or explanation of the process (in cooler weather)
- Blanketing a horse
- Horse Feeding, types of grain, etc.
- Optional: Colors, horse breeds, horse markings, etc.
- Ask your instructor any additional questions
Each lesson is one on one with an instructor with a max of two students.
Expect about 1/2 the lesson to be spent learning and the other 1/2 to be spent in the saddle
Classes can be taught either english or western
Customizable classes- just let us know what you are interested in learning.
Allow for at least 2 hours at the barn; some lessons might be shorter and some might be longer
Ride different horses to learn exactly what you are looking for in your very own mount
Must be at least 12 to schedule a horsemanship class
Everyone under 18 must wear a helmet, helmets are optional for riders over 18. We recommend that everyone wear a helmet
All participants must fill out a waiver in order to start the course
To get more riding time, schedule regular riding lessons in addition to these classes
6 Class Package
6 classes, schedule weekly, bimonthly, biweekly, or once a month